" At Brown & Cockerill Lettings, we pride ourselves on offering a value for money service and believe our fees are the most competitive in the marketplace. We try to keep our fee structure as simple and clear as possible for landlords, with complete transparency and no hidden charges.
The fees in the table link below are payable prior to the tenancy period, throughout and are inclusive of VAT (current rate of 20%) "
Click here for Landlord fee schedule
Our tenancies are for a minimum period of 6 months on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy.
Reference checks will be required prior to occupancy.
Rental values are shown on each listing as a per month charge and are exclusive of rates and outgoings.
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments (including VAT where applicable).
Please note: Credit cards are not accepted.
- Holding Deposit (equivalent to one week's rent - non transferrable between properties. Upon receipt of successful references, it is explicitly agreed that the holding deposit will be attributed towards the first month's rent. The holding deposit will be refunded in full within seven days if the tenancy agreement has been signed by a tenant but our landlord withdraws from the transaction or the agreed deadline date passes without the agreement being signed and no new deadline confirmed in writing.
You will be notified in writing (within seven days) if the application has been unsuccessful and the reasons for this.
- Security Deposit (equivalent to five week's rent - six week's for annual rents over £50,000)
- Utilities (including communication services and television licence - if any utilities are included within the monthly rent, this will be the reasonable costs incurred, stated in the tenancy agreement and marketing details).
Replacement keys and other security devices - charged at the cost of the key(s) and other security device(s) replacement(s)
Rent arrears - 3% above Bank of England base rate
Other Possible Charges:
Tenancy Application Form:
To receive a tenancy application form please contact us on 01788 551111 (option 2) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Brown & Cockerill Lettings are a member of:
- The Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA)
- Deposit Protection Service (DPS), an insured and custodial
deposit protection scheme www.depositprotection.com,
- Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme (ref: C0016693),
which is a client money protection scheme
- The Property Ombudsman (TPO) redress scheme (ref: D10830)
- Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme
To maintain the value of membership all members are obliged to comply with Propertymark’s Conduct and Membership Rules.
Please click on the following link for further information: www.propertymark.co.uk - member requirements
If you have and questions or queries, please contact us on 01788 551111 or fill in our contact form.