Fully Managed Letting Service
" From finding a tenant to managing your regulatory responsibilities, this is our most popular service as we take care of everything for you. We have a dedicated property management team who look after all aspects of your investment property, from collecting rent to getting the washing machine fixed "
Benefits of using this service
- Low risk – our ‘no let, no fee’ service is only chargeable on letting the property
- Comprehensive marketing - full advertising through our website, property websites, social media and press
- Stand out – we have distinctive ‘To Let’ boards
- Save time – we accompany all viewings so you don’t have to
- Peace of mind – we operate tenant referencing, tenancy agreements, deposit management and work with you to manage your regulatory responsibilities and property maintenance
- Reduce administration – we carry out comprehensive condition and inventory records including tenant ‘check in’ and ‘check out’ with all relevant utility companies informed
- Keeping track – collection of rent, monthly rental statements and annual accounts statement for tax purposes
- Notices managed – all tenancy renewals and serving of notices managed
In addition, we offer rent protection insurance which can be purchased in 6 to 12 month increments. Quotes are available upon request.
Helping you to manage your legal responsibilities
When we manage your property, we work with you to ensure that your property meets with all current legislation, keeping your tenants safe and giving you peace of mind. Here is a brief overview of some of the legal requirements for all landlords:
All gas appliances in a property require a current gas safety certificate (CP12) which must be issued by a Gas Safe registered contractor. This has to be renewed annually. The penalty for failing to have equipment tested, or failing to keep proper records, are severe. The onus is on the landlord to have the works carried out, but if an agent is managing the property, they can be found equally liable.
If we have been requested to arrange a gas safety inspection initially, we will automatically instruct a Gas Safe registered contractor the following year without prior notice to the landlord. The landlord authorises the agent to arrange all necessary inspections and reports to comply with the gas safety regulations and to extend all necessary money to comply with the regulations thereof.
Although there is no recognised certificate for the electricity, there is a law that states that; “all electrical circuits and appliances should be safe for use to the best of the landlords and agent’s knowledge”. It is strongly recommended that a qualified electrician carries out a survey of the property and portable appliances. The guidelines state that circuits should be tested every 5 years or at every new tenancy and the appliances are tested annually (PAT). Should you wish us to arrange an electrical inspection to be carried out on the landlord’s behalf we will be pleased to do so.
Energy Performance Certificate
The Energy Performance Certificate was introduced into the rental market from 1st October 2008. An EPC is required at the first change of tenants on a rented property. A certificate gives the building an Asset rating based on its energy efficiently, but doesn’t take into account how the home is used by the occupiers. The certificate will give the building a rating from A to G. An A rating shows it’s veryefficient, meaning lower fuel bills. The Certificate will also show the building’s environmental impact by indicating its carbon- dioxide emissions.Regulatory changes stipulate that as of 2018, all rental properties must meet the minimum grading of an ‘E’.
Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors
All properties built after 1992 are required to have mains operated smoke detectors fitted, with one detector installed on each floor of the dwelling. Carbon monoxide detectors are required where any solid fuel appliance is installed.
Tenant Find Only Service
Our ‘Tenant Find Only’ service is for those more experienced landlords who are keen to manage their own properties.
We will organise all of the marketing for you to ensure that your property is available to the widest possible market of potential tenants, ensuring you not only receive the best return but the most appropriate tenant for your property.
Our comprehensive tenant reference check combined with a detailed photographic inventory/schedule of condition report will give you complete peace of mind. We will take care of all of the paperwork that goes with setting up a tenancy and only hand this over to you once everything has been signed and your tenants are in situ.
We have assisted many landlords on this basis in the past and they have come back to use our service time and time again.
Our ‘Tenant Find Only’ service includes:
- Advertising – full on-line and off-line advertising
- Accompany all viewings – saves you time and effort
- Let your property quickly – large database of potential tenants
- Arrange Energy Performance Certificate – via our recommended Energy Assessor
- Reduce administration – tenant referencing, agreement, EPC , Electrical and Gas Safety certificates
- Arrange the ‘check-in’ at the start of the tenancy
- Place the tenant’s deposit with the Government regulated Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS)
- Hand the day-to-day management back to the landlord
Whether you are a landlord, or a tenant, contact us today for friendly, professional advice on the legal and safety requirements.
Please contact us on 01788 551111 or fill in our contact form for more information.